1 day Basic Skills Leatherwork
9 am – 4.30 pm at Leather School, The Shops at Dartington, Totnes, Devon, TQ9 6TQ
Essential beginners skills for traditional leatherwork
Pattern Making– how to make your own original pattern
Hand Stitching – traditional saddlers stitching with 2 needles
Wet moulding – wetting and shaping natural vegetable tanned leather
Come and learn 3 essential and transferable skills for leather working. Choose whether you would like to make a sheath for a knife/axe head or a pouch to fit on your belt, for secateurs perhaps, using traditional wet-molding and hand stitching techniques.
Please bring the item you wish to make the sheath for or the items you would like to put in your pouch . Your pattern will be specific to you and your item.
- Cost £95
- Suitable for enthusiastic beginners minimum age 16. Younger only with parental supervision
- The maximum number of students is 10
- Please note that the course requires a minimum of 4 students
- All necessary tools and materials, which can also be purchased, to enable you to continue your learning, and make another sheath or two, at home
- Teaching from an experienced tutor
What’s not included
- Snacks or beverages, although there are several great options close by
- Don’t forget… your spectacles if you normally need them!
Contact us for more information about the 1 day Basic Skills Leatherwork Course